Wednesday, October 14, 2009

"without faith it is impossible to please God" (heb. 11:6)

i cannot tell you how frustrated i am with the new york state department of education. in order to work with any children (for speech pathology), i need to have a valid ny teacher certification. this process has been so frustrating and i am constantly anxious about it. this past week at bible study, we studied hebrews 11. it was so convicting. i am not trusting that the lord can handle this process. "faith is the assurance of things hoped for....it is impossible to please the lord without faith." wow. if the lord wants me to work with children in new york city, he will have his hand in this process, right? even though it ordinarly takes months, and i have to take two additonal tests, pay a few hundred dollars and take a couple of extra courses, it is possible with him. blahhhh

on a different note, jennifer and ashley are planning my bachelorette party this month! i am pretty excited about it (excited for lingerie, especially! haha.) ugh, i am going to be so sad to leave my girlfriends. i am trusting that the lord will provide me with initmate friendships with christian women in nyc. i heard that once you get married, it's much harder to maintain solid friendships with members of the same-sex. boo. i don't want that to happen to me.



ok, i really need to study.

much love.


1 comment:

  1. If I would have been there I could have squeezed my way on that couch with you :) I'm here for you!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete