Wednesday, October 28, 2009

who doesn't love a good cake?


my dear friend sarah is one of the most talented women i know. seriously - not only is she an amazing mother and wife, but she restores antique furniture, hangs moldings throughout her home, lays tile, is an excellent cook AND baker.

one of her specialties is the design of cakes. yes, cakes like Ace of Cakes (except better because they are made by a beautiful woman :) ). Recently, she designed a cake for the 80th birthday of the woman who owns Ahee Jewelers in Grosse Pointe, Michigan. somehow, she made cake look like a mahogany jewelry box filled with diamonds, emerelds and pearls (now that's my kind of cake!)

http://picasaweb.google.com/seraphims.designs

birthdays, weddings, showers, or just because, check her out if you're in the metro-detroit area and are in the market of a cake (or cupcakes!)

much love.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Laura,
    This is Allison from your EMU classes! I hope all is going well for you! Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! I saw on my facebook news feed thing that you had this website and I thought I would check it out. I found this post about a specialty cake baker and I'm really interested in her cakes for possibly my wedding in May! I was wondering how I could get a hold of her to talk with her about cakes. Could you send me an e-mail with her information at deryalli@msu.edu ? Thank you so much! This is so awesome because I was in the process of trying to figure out what to do about our cakes when I stumbled upon your website. Thanks for posting this!
    -Allison

    ReplyDelete