Thursday, April 22, 2010

Graduation!

it's true.  i'm graduating from graduate school in 2 weeks - ahh! i might cry, i'm so excited.  i'm excited to be done with school (forever!), be done with my internship (although i have learned a TON) and get a paycheck!  in the meantime, i have one week of my internship left and then i head home to Michigan for a week to be with family, catch up with friends, celebrate my mom's birthday and mother's day and do the whole 'graduation' thing :)  

after michigan, Jeff and i head to ARUBA for our honeymoon!  we waited until now for our honeymoon (although we went on a 'mini' honeymoon right after the wedding) because we were going through TOO many transitions immediately after the wedding (marriage, moving to NYC, starting new internship, etc.)  i'm so excited to enjoy my hubby, the warm aruban climate and marriage in aruba :)  

jeff and i are officially members of New Life Fellowship - pretty exciting!  we also just interviewed to volunteer at their full-service health clinic.  the health clinic is a part of the church, and mostly run by christians, but a separate non-profit organization (to receive more government funding.)  they serve uninsured people in the community...mm...jeff and i love this idea - serving those in your church's community.  we would love to see how this clinic is run, and maybe (someday), be able to start something like this in Detroit.  oh, how Detroit needs some health care lovin :)

speaking of our hope and love for detroit.... 

something god has been convicting us of is that the HE has us here, in NYC, for a reason. he wants us here. he wants to teach us here. we are not in control of when we leave. in jeremiah 29:7-13: 

seek the welfare of the city where I have sent you into exile, and pray to the Lord on its behalf; for in its welfare you will have welfare....for I know the plans that I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me an come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you search for me with all of your heart and I will be found by you..

ahhhh seeking the welfare of the city of NYC...praying for NYC...BEING IN NYC while we're here....it also reminds me of ecclesiastes 3:1, 11:  

there is an appointed time for everything. And there is a time for every event under the sun...He has made everything appropriate in it's time...

so, that's where we're at...or, at least, that's where i'm at... i'm in NYC (for now!) and need to love it like it's my city. 

much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment